Monday, April 23, 2012

Interrogation Scene Script


Rob Howard
Generic Cop Show 100:
Act One
Fade In:

INT. Interrogation Room – NIGHT
TOMMY sits at a table with his head down. A single hanging light shines down on him.  DETECTIVE O”NEIL enters and sits in the chair directly across from Tommy. He pulls a pack of cigarettes out and a lighter and puts them on the table

O’NEIL
You need a smoke?

Tommy shakes his head.

O’NEIL
I know you’re afraid to talk right now but we really need your help.

TOMMY
I already told you I don’t know anything

O’NEIL
So you just happened to be frantically running a block away from an armed robbery with a blood stained shirt on?

TOMMY
I told you, I was in the store buying food when two guys I don’t know came in and held the store up. I didn’t have any-

O’Neil
                          (cutting off Tommy)
BULLSHIT.  We know you were part of the robbery and we wanna know who else was in on it

TOMMY
You don’t know shit

O”NEIL
You think I’m stupid.  There was a surveillance camera across the street that shows you talking with the two other suspects before you enter the store.  So at the very least you know who they are and at the most you were in on the robbery.
TOMMY
I DIDN’T DO NOTHING!!


O’NEIL
Well that’s not what it looks like to us so you can either start talking or we can pin the charges on you.  And if that poor clerk who was shot ends up dying you’re the one who’s gonna be held responsible.

TOMMY
I recognized the two kids from school and they asked me for the time.  But I swear I don’t know their names.

O’NEIL
That’s a start, how’d you get blood all over your shirt?

TOMMY
I was paying for my food when they came in with their guns drawn and shot the clerk.  The register was still open so they grabbed the cash and ran.  Can I still get a smoke?

O’Neil slides the pack of cigarettes and lighter over to Tommy.  Tommy takes on out and lights it.

O’NEIL
Why would they just let you go?  You obviously saw their faces and possibly witnessed a murder.  And why were you running away if you were an innocent bystander?

TOMMY
I was running cuz I was scared and didn’t know what else to do.  I don’t know why they left me I didn’t really have time to think about that.

O’NEIL
You know why I think they left you?

TOMMY
No, tell me.

O’NEIL
I think you were part of the plan.  Once they saw the clerk open the cash register for you they were gonna shoot him and take the money while it was still open and run.

TOMMY
Well if that was the plan, no one told me about it.  Can I go now, I told you everything I know

O’NEIL
You were found running away from the scene of a bloody crime.  You’re gonna be here until I think I have all the information I need to find these assholes.

TOMMY
But I already told you ev-

There’s a pounding at the door.  O’Neil walks over and walks out.  He reenters a couple seconds later and sits back down at the table

O’NEIL
The clerk’s dead.  This is now a murder investigation and you are the only one with any connection to the perps.  So you’re going to tell me there names now.

TOMMY
I already told –

O’Neil gets up and slaps the cigarette out of Tommy’s hand.  He then snaps a pair of cuffs to Tommy’s hand and opens the door.

O’NEIL
                          (yelling out the door)
Find a cell to put this piece of shit in for the night.

TOMMY
                          (frantically)
WAIT!

O’NEIL
You got something to say?

TOMMY
The taller kid with the red jacket is Pat Fisher.  We used to play hockey together.

A guard enters the room

O’Neil
                          (to the guard)
Go back out and wait, I’m just starting to make some progress.






5 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,
    Thanks for posting this script. I used it with my English language students this week (or rather an audio adaptation of it) and they really enjoyed it. I was wondering if it would be okay to share my recording, non-commercially of course, with other teachers via my blog? I would credit you with the script and share the audio recording under a standard Creative Commons license. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
    If you could let me know ASAP that would be great!
    Many thanks,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you,very useful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful for my short drama. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. "So you’re going to tell me there names now."
    Should read 'their names', I think ;)

    ReplyDelete


  5. I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me, I'm from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan to expand my evergreen group company it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Pedro. She introduced me to this honest loan officer, Mr. Pedro, who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Pedro, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Pedro via email: pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp: +18632310632 they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be safe as well.

    ReplyDelete